Aury's Be My Valentine Quaker Style
40 ct LL fawn, DMC 815
Blackberry Jam was another UFO. I got bored and frustrated with all the backstitching, so it was ignored and forgotten for well over a year. I found it, while trying to locate something else, in a project bag that I had been carrying to work before I got the one I use now. It didn't look like there was much left to stitch, so I got to work on it. I quickly learned why I had given up on it - I can't seem to count backstitches worth a darn! But I plugged away and got it done. It took much longer than I thought it would, both times. It's only 60x60. Wouldn't you think it would stitch up fast? I did - until I realized that it was one that you have to have one eye on the chart at all times. There aren't any big areas of filling in, just a lot of detailed back stitch on an open field. Blech! I love how it turned out, though, especially the berries.
The Sweetheart Tree Blackberry Jam
As charted, with 28 ct Graziano linen, DMC threads, and Mill Hilll beads from kit
I belatedly decided I'd try to stitch Bride's Tree ornaments for both kids this year, so I had to play a little catch up with the next two. The original plan was to do one set this year, and another next year, but the first ones stitched up so fast.... I may regret this later - or now, since I haven't even started on the first one for March yet! LOL